Longwood Ventures is an advisory firm focused on identification and resolution of organizational, structural, and operational concerns for businesses in a wide variety of industries. The foundation of our business is based upon advising in service industries with a current focus on environmental services.
Our service offerings include:
- Business structure & infrastructure
- Business strategy
- Business development – Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Operational execution
- M&A intermediary services
We don’t assume that the specifics of how you’re presently doing business (the “plumbing”) are a valid end unto themselves. Sometimes, it might seem easier for those within your company to focus on that plumbing, worried about how they’re going to navigate it to perform their jobs. And sometimes, a fresh view is helpful – asking not how best to do what you’re presently doing, but instead asking whether you should be doing it at all. We’re troubleshooters, and we are most valuable in discrete, targeted engagements.
We focus on the business ecosystem itself in the areas of your concern, including the organization (e.g. acquisitions, mergers and divestitures), the market, the financial structure, the people, and the operation of the business, and offer a clear-headed outsider’s view, one that we’re willing to defend. A representative sample of specific services we have provided includes:
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Identification of target acquisitions
- Valuation of those targets
- Negotiations with target management teams
- Acquiring outside financing for transactions
Consulting, Integration & Execution:
- Temporary executive assignments within client organizations
- Rationalization of staff levels and functions
- Coordination of communication between combined organizations
- Melding accounting, business reporting, and operational management systems to support a scalable business model
We tend to ask many questions before forming any conclusions, because we can never know the details of your business as well as you do. If we arrive at ideas that differ from those you’re using as a basis, and you agree they’re valid, we will have performed a valuable service for you.
Occasionally, we are approached to provide comfort letters on present practices, which is something we don’t do. We’re not valuable in validating what you’re already doing since we don’t perform corporate physical examinations. However, we can recommend excellent firms that help you in this regard.
But if you think you might have a problem, and want to find and resolve it, perhaps we can help.